Like most people, there’s a good chance you have a few different payment methods in your wallet. Apple Pay is a contactless payment system that allows you to use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay for purchases at retail stores, online, and in apps. But what about getting cash back? Can you use Apple Pay to get cash back when you make a purchase? The answer is yes.
When you use Apple Pay to make a purchase, you can choose to receive cash back. You’ll see the cash back amount when you complete your purchase. Depending on the retailer, you may receive up to $20 cash back per purchase. Of course, not all retailers offer cash back with Apple Pay. And there may be some restrictions on how much cash back you can receive at a particular store.
This article breaks down everything there is to know about whether you can get cash back with Apple Pay and how this works. So, let’s dive right into it.
How Does Apple Pay Cash Back Work?
Apple Pay Cash Back is a new feature that allows you to earn cash back when using Apple Pay to make purchases.
When you use Apple Pay to pay for goods and services at participating merchants, you’ll automatically receive a percentage of your purchase price back in the form of cash back.
There’s no minimum purchase amount, and you can receive up to $10 in cash back per transaction. The cash back will be deposited into your Apple Pay Cash account. And you have the freedom to use this cash back to purchase more goods. Or you can transfer it to your banking account.
How to Get Cash Back with Apple Pay
Getting cash back with Apple Pay is easy.
- First, you need to make sure that your iPhone or Apple Watch is connected to a credit card and has the latest version of the Apple Pay app.
- Once your device is set up, just hold it close to the terminal scanner. Hold your finger on the Touch ID button until you see a checkmark on the screen. This confirms that your purchase is complete.
- Then, select “Add Cash” and enter the amount of cash you would like to receive. You’ll see the cash back amount when you complete your purchase.
Conditions for Getting Cash Back with Apple Pay
Here are some key things to keep in mind when using this payment method:
- First, make sure that the businesses you frequent offer cash back through Apple Pay. Some merchants, such as small local shops or restaurants, may not accept this payment type. However, larger retailers like supermarkets and big box stores usually accept cash back with Apple Pay.
- Next, consider how you’d like to use your rewards. Cash back with Apple Pay doesn’t have to be limited to physical currency. You can also opt for gift cards or even travel miles, depending on what you want. Weigh up your options before selecting a rewards program to get the most out of it.
- And finally, remember to check in regularly with your account balances to maximize your savings and ensure that you never miss any opportunities for cash back rewards.
Apple Pay is a convenient way to pay for purchases at retail stores, online, and in apps. And yes, you’ll be issued a cash back reward when you use Apple Pay. So, if you’re looking for a fast and easy way to get cash back on your purchases, Apple Pay is definitely worth a try!