It’s no surprise that many want to know whether Chick-fil-A takes Apple Pay due to its quick and safe payment method. Especially when you consider that Chick-fil-A is the largest chicken fast-food chain in the US and serves millions each year.
Yes. Chick-fil-A takes Apple Pay as a payment option. In 2016, Chick-fil-A started to roll out NFC technology at their restaurants to accept Apple Pay. Now you can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay at a Chick-fil-A restaurant and drive-thru. And you can even use Apple Pay to pay for your meal via the Chick-fil-A One app.
Chick-fil-A’s founder, businessman Samuel Truett Cathy, first opened a restaurant named the Dwarf Grill in Hapeville, Georgia, in 1946. This is where he developed the concept for his chicken sandwiches. And in 1961, the first Chick-fil-A restaurant was opened.
This major restaurant chain comprises more than 2,700 restaurants in the US, Canada, Puerto Rica, and Hawaii. And Chick-fil-A is believed to be the pioneer of the fried chicken sandwich. This is why the fast-food giant is America’s number one chicken restaurant.
It’s no wonder that Chick-fil-A has adopted a contactless, cardless payment method early on. So, let’s dive deeper into what has motivated Chick-fil-A to take Apple Pay. And we’ll examine how to purchase your Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich via your Apple Pay digital wallet.
Why Does Chick-fil-A Take Apple Pay?
Through innovation, we develop more reliable systems and make life a little easier. And incorporating mobile payment options at stores and restaurants is definitely another step in the right direction. But what are the reasons that Chick-fil-A takes Apple Pay, and how does it benefit the company?
- Including Apple Pay as a payment option opens the door for a broader spectrum of customers to visit Chick-fil-A for a meal.
- Both Chick-fil-A and its customers benefit from the convenience of paying at a restaurant, drive-thru, or via their app.
- Incorporating mobile payment methods lets customers know that Chick-fil-A is an innovative company that adapts to the times.
- With contactless mobile payments, Chick-fil-A offers clients a more hygienic way to pay.
- Paying with your iPhone or Apple Watch via Apple Pay at Chick-fil-A is more secure than paying with a card or cash.
How do You Pay with Apple Pay at Chick-fil-A?
With Apple Pay, paying for your Chick-fil-A Nuggets has never been easier. If you use an iPhone or Apple Watch, you’ll likely have the Apple Pay Wallet installed on your device already. It’s important to note that you should have at least an iPhone 6 if you’re using your phone.
If you don’t have the Apple Pay Wallet app on your device, you can simply download it from the App Store for free. Once installed, you’ll need to link a debit or credit card to the digital wallet in the app settings. And then you’re ready to start paying with Apple Pay.
Purchasing with Apple Pay at a Chick-fil-A Restaurant or Drive-thru
The following steps are a guide to making a payment with Apple Pay at your local Chick-fil-A:
- You’ll place your order with the cashier at the counter if you’re in the restaurant. And when using the drive-thru, your order will be taken via the telecom speaker. After which, you’ll be directed to the cashier at the payment window.
- When you’re ready to pay for your meal, let the cashier know that you’ll use Apple Pay as your payment method.
- The cashier should then point out or present you with an NFC reader.
- Open your Apple Pay app on your device and verify your identity. This can be done with the Touch ID fingerprint or Face ID facial scan.
- When your Apple Pay app is open, make sure the correct credit or debit card is selected for payment.
- Next, you’ll hold your iPhone or Apple Watch close to the NFC reader to initiate payment to the restaurant.
- You’ll know that payment has been processed successfully when you see a green tick on your iPhone’s screen. Your Apple Watch will vibrate and beep when payment is completed.
Paying with Apple Pay via the Chick-fil-A One App or Chick-fil-A Website
Because Chick-fil-A takes Apple Pay, paying for your Chick-fil-A meal through Chick-fil-A’s CFA One app or website couldn’t be easier. You can use the CFA One app to order and pay for your food at the restaurant or drive-thru. And you can even order food from Chick-fil-A for delivery or collect via the CFA app or website.
Follow these steps to pay with Apple Pay when using the CFA One app or Chick-fil-A website to buy food:
- Before placing your order, ensure that you’ve used the correct Apple ID to sign in on your device. Each Apple Pay Wallet is linked to the Apple ID used on the device.
- Add your chosen Chick-fil-A meal, sides, and drinks to your cart on the app or website.
- Then go to checkout when you’re ready to pay for your order.
- Input any billing or delivery information required before heading to your payment options.
- When you’re ready to complete the order, select Apple Pay from the payment options available to you.
- Your Apple Pay app should then open on your preferred device.
- Double-check that the correct debit or credit card is selected before payment when the Apple Pay app opens.
- The app should then ask you to verify your identity, which you can do via fingerprint or face scan.
- When your identity has been verified, the Apple Pay app will process the payment.
- Your Apple Pay will then notify you to confirm when payment is successful.
It’s vital to remember that Chick-fil-A uses third-party delivery services when you have your order delivered. Therefore, when selecting “Order Delivery” through the Chick-fil-A app or website, you’ll be redirected to the delivery service’s website or app. As a result, you’ll need to complete the payment process on their website or app.
Because Chick-fil-A takes Apple Pay, customers can enjoy a convenient, safe, and hygienic payment process. And they can do so in the restaurant, at the drive-thru, online, or via the app.
Chick-fil-A may be behind the curve in certain aspects, but when it comes to payment options, they’re on top of their game. After 75 years in the fast-food arena, Chick-fil-A is certainly keeping up with the times.