People shopping at Popeyes usually ask, “Does Popeyes accept Apple Pay?”. In 1972, Popeye’s opened their doors for the first time, and they had their first franchise within four years. With over 3,450 locations nationwide, Popeyes is famous for its crispy, homestyle chicken and sides. The best thing about Popeyes is that it accepts several payment methods, but does it accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Popeyes does accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Popeye’s accepts Apple Pay for both in-store and online purchases. And the Popeyes restaurants and the mobile app started implementing Apple Pay from 2019 onwards. So, if you have an Apple Watch, iPhone, or similar Apple device, you can use it to pay with Apple Pay at Popeyes.
- 1 Does Popeyes Take Apple Pay?
- 2 Steps for Using Apple Pay at Popeyes
- 3 Is It Possible to Use Apple Pay on Your Apple Watch?
- 4 Best Way to Determine Whether the Particular Restaurant Accepts Apple Pay or Not
- 5 Is Popeyes Online Ordering Possible?
- 6 Does Apple Pay Give Me Cash Back at Popeyes Restaurants?
- 7 Conclusion
Does Popeyes Take Apple Pay?
In-store and online purchases at Popeye’s are both eligible for Apple Pay. From 2019 onwards, Popeyes accepts Apple Pay at their restaurants and then on their mobile app. So, if you have an Apple Watch or an iPhone, you’re in luck.
Steps for Using Apple Pay at Popeyes
- If you wish to use Apple Pay as a form of payment, tell the employee taking your order at the counter first.
- On your Apple device, open the Wallet app.
- Select a different credit card if you need to change your default; otherwise, you can move to the next step, which is authentication.
- On devices with Face ID, you must hold down the power button for your Face ID to activate. You can also enter your passcode if that is not an option.
- You can scan your Touch ID by placing your finger on the home button if your device has one.
- If you prefer, a passcode is also an option.
- Place your Apple device on the reader or close to it.
- Remove your device only after a checkmark appears, and a message says “Done.”
Is It Possible to Use Apple Pay on Your Apple Watch?
Popeyes also allows you to pay with your Apple Watch.
- Start by clicking the side button twice.
- Decide which card you wish to use.
- You can verify the payment with your wristwatch when holding it close to the contactless reader.
- Upon hearing a beep and feeling a slight tap, the purchase is complete.
Best Way to Determine Whether the Particular Restaurant Accepts Apple Pay or Not
Many restaurants accept Apple Pay, but finding out whether they do can be difficult. The cashier can help you or search online, but neither approach is convenient.
Restaurants that accept Apple Pay are easily available, thanks to Apple. Open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone and look for restaurants that accept Apple Pay.
Afterward, click on the address of the store’s website below information titled “Useful to Know.”. You can tell if it accepts Apple Pay by seeing the Apple Pay logo or checkmark next to it.
The modern world needs a modern payment option like Apple Pay. Look for a near-field communications sticker or Apple Pay logo on store windows to confirm a store accepts Apple Pay.
Is Popeyes Online Ordering Possible?
You can still use Apple Pay to purchase online by following these steps.
- At checkout, you can choose Apple Pay as your payment process.
- Click on “Next” when you want to switch cards, or click “Expand” if you want to see all of the cards at once.
- Please enter your details if necessary. Apple Pay will usually store this information if you have entered it before, including your billing information.
- Ensure to do confirmation and authentication of the payment.
- You can activate Face ID by double-clicking the power button.
- The Touch ID feature on your device lets you scan your ID by putting your finger on the home button. Alternatively, you can enter your passcode if that feature isn’t available or prefer another method.
- When you are wearing an Apple Watch, press the side button twice.
- Mac with Touch ID: Scan your Touch ID by following the instructions on the touch bar or the screen.
- Mac without Touch ID: Follow the instructions on the Apple Pay screen. Connect an Apple device from Bluetooth to the Mac to approve the transaction.
Does Apple Pay Give Me Cash Back at Popeyes Restaurants?
When using your iPhone or iPad wallet to add your Apple Card to Apple Pay, you can earn cashback for every purchase at Popeyes locations that accept Apple Pay.
This payment method does not have any limits, which means you will always receive cashback. You can apply for the Apple Card to see if you are eligible on this website.
Popeye’s opened its doors in 1972, and within four years, it had its first franchise. Popeyes offers crispy, homestyle chicken and sides nationwide at more than 3,450 locations.
The Popeyes brand has been a favorite of those who love a good southern meal since they opened their first restaurant in Louisiana in 1922.
Due to this reason, we have received a lot of reader inquiries about whether they can use Apple Pay at Popeyes locations or not. Many U.S. businesses now accept Apple Pay, making it easier for customers to shop in-store or online.
Getting an Apple Card could also be helpful if you frequently use Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch. Tap-to-pay lets you earn 2 percent back on every purchase you make with your phone.
People are happy to see that Popeye’s accepts Apple Pay everywhere, demonstrating their understanding of the payment system’s convenience, security, and value.