Every Facebook user wants people to like their posts. However, for a business page, those likes are crucial for engagement. The algorithms on Facebook pick up on the number of likes to send you more exposure.
Facebook is home to over 60 million active business pages resulting in a high level of competition among pages. On the other hand, business pages have a huge opportunity to get engagement from the billions of active Facebook users.
- 1 How Do You Get More Likes on Facebook that Grow Your Business Page’s Presence?
- 2 Other Ideas
- 3 Final Thoughts
How Do You Get More Likes on Facebook that Grow Your Business Page’s Presence?
The following tips and tactics will help you obtain likes without compromising your credibility.
1. Create an Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy
Facebook will only be as good for your marketing strategy as you make it. Your first step is to create an effective and well-thought-out marketing strategy. It needs to be well-defined, relevant to your niche, and it should match your culture, personality, and values as a business/brand.
- Identify your target audience by finding Facebook users who are most interested in your niche/industry. You need to know who you are communicating with so you can use the proper tone and tools specific to your audience.
- Perform competition research to help you brainstorm for optimal content for sharing with your audience. This is called Social Listening.
- Finally, use S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) principles to set goals.
If you are having problems with building your audience, you can also use a service like SocialViral to boost your engagement whether you are just getting started or you are feeling stagnant in engagement.
2. Create a Great Business Page
This may seem like a given part of your marketing strategy, but there are things you should never overlook. Consistency, relevancy, and unique content plays a major role in developing a successful business page.
To do this you need to use every section of your business page, use appealing profile and cover images, pin your top-performing posts. Remember that all this must be relevant and representative to your niche.
3. Make Your Business Page Easy to Find
If Facebook users cannot find your business page, they cannot like it. You need to enhance your visibility by using the appropriate keywords. Be wise and do not make your page look spammy or use unnecessary or irrelevant keywords. You want your page to be legitimate and credible.
Use your website by adding like/follow buttons on your site, embed some Facebook posts on your blog or website, use cross-promotion across social channels, use incentives to promote shares, invite your personal friends and employees to like your page, use offline promotions such as icons on business cards that show people where to find you on Facebook (and other social networks).
4. High-Quality and Relevant Content
This idea of creating high-quality and relevant content cannot be stressed enough. You have probably seen this thousands of times. One Facebook recommendation is to share eye-catching, fun-to-read, and short images to attract attention. How?
- Use compelling visuals as this content receives more likes than text-only statuses/posts.
- Write compelling headlines and steer clear of clickbait. Crafting a great headline involves making it informative, making it relevant to readers expectations, and being accurate and clear about your message.
- Avoid being overly promotional, pushy, and loaded with salesy pitches. People do not like this type of content.
- Create a video that shows how-to do things (relevant to your niche), helpful tips, and helpful hacks.
- Invest some time and effort in creating great videos as this content has the highest chance of going viral. Live and 360 videos are good content.
5. Consistent and Timely Engagement
Consistent and quality content increases your visibility and credibility as an authority. Additionally, there are times when posts are most seen and engaged with, depending on the audience. For instance, research has shown that the best times to post are between 12 and 3 p.m. on weekdays and 12 to 1 p.m. on weekends.
Engage by being genuine and responsive to comments, likes, shares, and other communications. This helps you to build relationships that will promote loyal customers.
Some other things you can do to increase your exposure and reach for likes on Facebook include:
- Making use of Facebook Insights (research and learning)
- Running Facebook Ads campaigns
- Using Facebook’s algorithm to your benefit
- Promoting contests and giveaways
- Hosting question and answer sessions (room, live video, chats)
The element of getting likes is a crucial part of your marketing strategy on Facebook. Be careful with marketing your Facebook page because you could lose something in the process if you are more focused on getting likes than using Facebook for its free marketing purposes.